Sunday, January 17, 2010

Carbon Footprint... and ...singing in the shower

Just checked my Carbon Footprint by doing a lifestyle analysis on a popular website.
Its simple I thought ... I am a vegetarian,and I recycle,take care to conserve electricity, minimize my use of plastic, love to consume vegetables from the local bhaji wala bhaiya ..( the occasional broccoli is bought off the shelves from malls , so are bell peppers :-) ). I should be a very "Green" Person ..and my carbon footprint would be very small...
I was in for a rude shock ... I had a huge Footprint ... not something to smirk about . That is because I occasionally use my husband's car as a mode of transport while commuting to office .. I take rickshaws instead of buses... and I use the shower to bathe!!!!!

All I wanted to do was try and make a difference to the environment and bring down global warming. But now to do this , I must bathe using a bucket ,that means not use the shower, try and avoid using the flush ( !!!!!!!!!!!),walk down to office ( I could use that :-) ).. I am so confused ... I plan to try these life style amendments ...though not without protest .....( boo hoo hoo , as it is, I have an austere lifestyle.)

Do I go back to the Stone Age now ? Will ask Ravi to gather food by hiking down to Aarey Milk Colony ... I am blowing this way out of proportion ...Sigh....!

Well I do want to give this a fair chance as I want there to be a Planet Earth for my grandchildren (cheesy liner) ....No harm in trying ... but Singing in the Shower might never be the same again...

Go Green ,
Sravs

3 comments:

  1. Nice post. Don't worry. We don't have to live 100% GREEN. We need the common sense and the ability to treat the environment with respect. And, start living greener lives by making small changes in our everyday lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One look at the US and you will know how 'green' we are..! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sravs, Ravi ko bol Mandar ko bhi hiking pe le ke jaaye :P

    no comments about do's and dont's :D

    ReplyDelete